Wednesday, April 21, 2010

102-9. Spring break philosophising..

Oh my, I'm a bit behind in my posting, aren't I? I mean, this is Week 10, so this should be my 10th post. I forgot to post one during my conference week.. :)

Who would have thought we'd still be dreaming of spring during the spring break? Renewal is coming a bit late this year..

Just five more weeks to go, çocuklar. I can't believe it. This semester has instantly gone from interminable to slipping away far too quickly, I cannot hold onto it..then I will no longer (and nevermore) be your Freshman English teacher, how weird is that, especially when I think of those of you who've been with me since September. I will have to relinquish possessiveness, that's always hard for me. Goodbyes are even harder.

There are many things to be grateful for this year, mostly the things I've come to know about you and the development I've witnessed. It's nice to see your children grow up. :)

I have to say that being around all of you has kept me young. My mother always says I was born 40. Well, I went from being '40' to being 19 again, and I relived part of my youth. That's a rare opportunity for sure. It showed me that although there were many things I could or should have done differently, I would never want to go back. Hindsight is a marvellous thing because it helps you see how you led yourself to the present point. So I encourage you to keep writing on your blogs for as long as you can, because when you look back on that writing at some future interval, you will shake your head in helpless wonder at your precious self, and you will treasure that previous incarnation and embrace it from a distance.

I will miss you..

'The remains' by Manuela Hoffman, licenced under Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivative Works 2.0 Generic

2 comments:

  1. Aw...why was I so late to read this?!?
    This entry is very emotional. No need to say goodbyes yet. Sonja, we still have some time left!! I'd rather see you smile than sulk for that period hahaha^^. Stay positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really-really-really don't like goodbyes! :(
    It is do desperate to left someone or something that enjoys both two side. It is same thing with stop being so close with a very good friend and leave a very enjoyable class.
    5 week is not enough :(

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! :)