Thursday, December 31, 2009

28. Here's to a happy 2010

'Mulled wine for the party' by fieldtripp, licenced under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0.

Well, everyone, we've made it to the end of 2009. I'm going to make some lovely mulled wine in a little while, and kick off the evening with some gentle drinking. :) I've had a wonderful day so far. It's amazing to know there are some people out there who show true commitment, who prioritise things in a way that others don't, who are thoughtful and kind in more ways than they can imagine. It's something that must not be underestimated, and it is far, far beyond average. (You know who you are, so thank you.)

My message to you all today is never to squander your potential. You will have to trust me on this point: you will never be able to recover the sensations and possibilities of these early university years. Every moment is precious. Don't let a bad attitude or a lack of faith in what can be pull you down.

We have just one more week together - at least for now. This time will be missed, but not forgotten. Next semester is already on the horizon. I am already wondering who will elect to take the journey with me again...

Have a happy (and safe) New Year.
Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! :)